Wednesday, January 12, 2005

"I'm not anti-semetic, I just hate Jews"

Here's a wonderful(ly frighening) piece at Vox Popoli (via Pandagon), innocently titled, and this isn't a joke, The Merits of Anti-Semetism.

It ends with this very thoughtful statement:

I'd never understood how the medieval kings found it so easy to get the common people to hate the Jews in their midst. But if those medieval Jewish leaders were anything like the idiots running the ADL, the ACLU and the Council of Jews, one can see where the idea of persecuting them would have held some appeal.
And the comments ahev this statement, which could never be taken as anti-semetic:
I'm not anti-Jew in any sense. I've just learned to loathe their political leadership and marvel at their self-destructive tendencies.
Ah yes, the good ol' self loathing Jew. I guess old hatreds really do die hard...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home